Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Data Analyst for The Deal, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of the performance of our business. You will be a critical partner for our business leaders, and take the lead on initiatives and analyses that provide insight into various aspects of the business, including Supply Chain, Finance, Stock, eCommerce, In-Store
What you’ll be doing
- Build the analytic capabilities and developing a unified view of The Deal’s end-to-end performance, and deliver key insights to the business that make significant impacts
- Increasing the productivity of day to day operations by harnessing data to simplify, improve UX, automate, reduce errors and accelerate time-to-value.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (Commercials, Consumer Research, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, IT, Sales, and Supply Chain)
- Deliver actionable insights from data and the championing their use to drive value, across several business domains including Retail, Supply Chain, Logistics Distribution, E-Commerce, Omnichannel, Finance, Marketing and Digital
- Predicting and forecasting potential outcomes, to support marketing spend and campaigns, stock allocation, financial decisions (pricing, margin, pullout, etc)
- Data-driven recommendations to optimize productivity, value and customer delight
- Establish data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) and analytic tools (R, SAS, JMP, Python, Spark, etc.) to grasp the business insights
- Perform detailed analysis and provide KPIs/metrics to Group leadership and executive stakeholders as needed
- Identifying new opportunities and business use cases to generate value
- Working with the core data team to operationalize and deliver impact through data products
- Championing the growth of trustworthy data critical to operations
- Keeping your knowledge up to date via training and on the job learning
- Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated technical expertise with the ability to get clear value out of data
- Ability to prioritise business needs and focus on the impactful opportunities
- A talent to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Willingness to do some foundational “heavy lifting” in automating reporting and dashboarding, to enable business users to self-serve, prior to accelerating value through advanced techniques
- First-hand experience of advanced analytics / machine learning concepts and techniques and their application to business decisions
- Ability to interpret business questions and provide solutions through appropriate analytics models
- (Desirable) Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query and Looker software
- The curiosity and hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.