Majid Al Futtaim is building one of the largest analytics team in the region to support its analytics transformation. The company has already progressed well on this agenda by launching multiple analytics use cases and now needs to turn these experiments into a powerful product portfolio.
Data is vital to the way that we design products and user experience at Majid al Futtaim. We collect detailed data and time series from millions of page views, transactions, smart city sensors, beacons and more. Ultimately, we intend to collect data from millions of devices daily and to perform advanced analysis on massive streams of information.
We are looking for a strong Data Analyst to help us build and efficiently scale a distributed system from the ground up. You will join a small but growing team that provides data, frameworks, and insights to the company at large. You will work alongside data scientists and data engineers on some of the newest and most interesting Big & Fast Data problems. You will be bringing analytics into the business-as-usual way of doing things and for designing, planning and delivering analytics use cases on time.
Currently, the Advanced Analytics unit continues to be in a start-up mode and is expected to grow very quickly. As such, team members are given the latitude to shape the trajectory of the unit and bring their ideas and visions into fruition.
- Pull and model data from our data lake and Google Analytics to create quantitative models of business trends and measure impact of online sales growth initiatives
- Load and perform data validation procedures/checklist for performance data on assigned programs and data migrations
- Document data processing and data validation procedures for all assigned programs
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information
- Assess data quality per sources and conduct data quality enhancement initiatives across sources
- Develop and automate reports/ dashboards, solving for the Business Intelligence and analytical needs of our full range of stakeholders working with function leads and other stakeholders to establish the right metrics for monitoring the business
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights; provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects
- Generate and go deep on consumer insights and competitive intelligence to help teams drive product innovation and iteration
- Communicate insights in compelling ways, creating data story telling
- Develop a clear understanding of the business’s strategic needs, help translate them to use case roadmaps, prioritize initiatives based on impact and design adoption lifecycles
- Work closely with business owners and execution hubs throughout the lifecycle of a use case as the analytics product owner. Inform and update stakeholders on product performance, plans, and progress towards metrics