Career Level 2
Dubai , United Arab Emirates
For Munich Re Underwriting Agents (DIFC) Ltd
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst based out of our Dubai office, reporting into the Head of Underwriting and Actuarial. The Data Analyst will assist in the monitoring and treaty accounting of the reinsured health business of MEA with the responsibility to extract data, generate regular information tools and reconcile with the statement of accounts. Communicate findings and required actions on data shortcomings and corrective measures leading to a successful solution. Create a framework / grid of the monthly reporting tools (e.g. MIS) for facilitating actuarial reserve setting
- Extract monthly data to gather information on specific treaties, products, policies and other areas.
- Validate data to ensure confidence in data quality.
- Develop and maintain understanding a sound base knowledge of health insurance and reinsurance and the technical requirements for appropriate data management.
- Generate regular actuarial tools and reports for each treaty and key policies to allow a clear understanding of the drivers of the financial results
- Provide the management with a reporting framework which gives an overview of the key top and bottom line contributors on group policy level to enable further decision making.
- Provide underlying technical support to actuarial team in monthly reserving data preparation, consolidations
- Create new or modify existing reports to address evolving needs.
- Enhance internal and external stakeholder understanding of data-related issues through effective communication
- Be the key link between MRUA and its internal and external data platforms/partners to ensure a proper knowledge of provided data structure. This will be particularly important for new platforms and during data format changes.
- Develop and maintain the understanding of the full suite of internal and external data systems and structures.
- Develop and maintain knowledge about required relational database tools, e.g. SQL, to extract and analyse data in an effective and efficient manner.
- Write simple VBA or R codes in order to customise specific monitoring and reporting tools
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science and/ or a comparable degree with sound IT and mathematical background
- A master’s degree in one of the mentioned subjects would be advantageous
- 3 to 5 year of experience as a data analyst preferably within the insurance / reinsurance / actuarial field
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong IT skills in:
- MS Office (in depth MS Excel skills including advanced MS Excel e.g. Power Query, Power Pivot)
- Relational database programming tool(s) such as Access or SQL, Python, Java or C++
- VBA and Macros
- Good knowledge of R, SAS, Power BI, Tableau or Online insurance data platforms will be a strong advantage.
- Experience in data warehouse architectures and ETL & CDC tools, such as Informatica, Azure Data Factory or similar
- Data modelling (understands transactional vs. analytical models, graphs structures and document stores)
- Data architectures (experience in movement of data, models, policies, rules or standards)
- Profound theoretical understanding of data science techniques as well as related technology
- Experience in applying modern statistical modelling, machine-learning and data visualization techniques
- Experience in setting up and managing data science projects
Find out Who we are, What we do, Our Strategy and How we can Support and Reward
Our business model is based on the combination of primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof. We take on risks worldwide of every type and complexity, and our experience, financial strength, efficiency and first-class service make us the first choice for all matters relating to risk. Our client relationships are built on trust and cooperation. If you would be interested in helping shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
Apply now! Apply for this Job!
At Munich Re, we embrace, and value, the interaction of diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and thought. This integration is our foundation. Of our open culture and spirit of partnership. Of how our teams are built and cultivated. Of how we are supported and developed. And at the centre of this interaction is each of us.