Position: Fitness Receptionist
Job no: 510323
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Department: Non-Management (Entry), Spa
- It is part of your role to understand and comply with all corporate and hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
- MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, with all rules, regulations, and other requirements.
- It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
- Ensure that all standards of LQE, MOQA and Forbes are followed consistently.
- You shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard stored information, and not divulge or otherwise transfer any personal data concerning the guests, customers or colleagues, or any confidential information concerning the hotel unless with the appropriate authority.
- Use of the hotel’s network, computers or internet access which is in the hotel’s view unreasonable or inappropriate, for example gambling, chatroom, or pornographic material, is a serious breach of hotel policy and grounds for summary dismissal.
- Support and adhere to all policies & procedures relating to Safe, Sound and Sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
- Ensure compliance with the MOHG Social Media Policy, i.e. to be fully responsible for the content you publish on any social media platform, including your personal site.
- Mandarin Oriental, Jumeira has zero tolerance on all forms of harassment or discrimination, i.e. it is strictly forbidden to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, including physical or medical condition, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or for any other reason.
- Act as a hotel ambassador at all times.
- To carry out any additional duties requested by management, related to hotel operational activities.
- Assist in the operations of all Fitness Centre areas as required:
- Fitness Reception
- Main Gym
- Movement Studio
- Fitness Pantry
- Spa Reception support, when necessary
- Maintain the cleanliness of The Fitness Centre; in particular the reception, reception back storeroom & main entrance areas. These should be kept in a neat, tidy and sanitary manner in accordance with the Safe, Sound and Sustainability standards.
- Will be expected to aid Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers for set-up and clearing away after.
- Be responsible for perform safety & cleaning checklists daily, to a professional standard and with integrity.
- Will be expected to support the cleaning and set-up of fitness equipment, fitness counter, changing rooms and studio, when required.
- Organize appointment scheduling to maximize use of time and profitability whilst ensuring that the guests’ needs are of first importance.
- Must be a team player and assist all Spa, Wellness and Hotel colleagues where necessary.
- Ability to perform opening and closing duties.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Spa Soft, all Fitness and Membership services. (further training to expand on treatments offered in the spa and all retail products may be provided)
- Must have good telephone skills and follow required telephone etiquette.
- Must show a professional attitude at all times, particularly with regard to punctuality, appearance and general manner.
- Will perform as a professional, with a friendly business attitude and conduct all duties and responsibilities as required by the position or assigned by the Fitness & Wellness Manager, Fitness & Wellness Supervisor, or Senior Director of Spa & Wellness.
- Ensure a warm friendly welcome to all guests at all times. Greet all guests upon their arrival, gives new guests tours of The Fitness Centre and offers return guests “re-orientations”. Courtesy to guests and colleagues at all times.
- Must have the ability to courteously interact and answer all Spa & Wellness and further hotel related questions with guests.
- Communicate all messages promptly, this includes keeping the direct line management and Duty Manager informed as to any guests’ incidents and dissatisfaction.
- Assist in the smooth flow of the guests’ journey throughout the day.
- Must attend all training courses, as deemed necessary.
- Receive training to ensure that all-relevant legislation pertaining to the Safe, Sound & Sustainable standards are implemented and monitored within the Spa & Wellness.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing guest and spa colleagues business-related emails.
- Will be expected to assist various demonstrations and events.
- Recognize the importance of service standards and revenue generation (“sales”) in every aspect of their role and be responsible for achieving any set sales targets.
- Ensure all preferences, contact details and other relevant guest history information is entered into SpaSoft accurately.
- When we receive LRA and TripAdvisor comments, to input the relevant information into the Guest Comments Sheet available in the share folder.
Skills & Qualifications
- Senior School qualification or equivalent is a must
- Hotel school graduates will be preferable
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a service environment is a must
- Previous experience working in a commercial or luxury fitness establishment is preferred
- Previous experience working in a 5-star hotel environment will be an advantage
- Previous experience working in the Middle East Region is an advantage
- Good knowledge on computer systems is a must (excel/word/outlook)
- Clear communication; effective verbal and written communication skills in English (minimum intermediate level). Arabic would be desirable.
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service with little input from others
- Mature and outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills
Advertised: 06 Dec 2020 Arabian Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Jan 2021 Arabian Standard Time