Junior Buyer Trainee MENA
If you’re ambitious, driven and looking for more from your career, you could be right for RB.
Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Managing your own portfolio but part of a global team, you’ll understand and advise us on trends that may impact our business. You’ll:
- Help align our procurement strategy with business goals
- Lead sourcing activities, tenders and complex contract negotiations
- Build long term relationships and ensure we work with the best suppliers
- Reduce costs and mitigate risks whilst increasing quality and service.
You’ll succeed because…
…you’re a born negotiator. You have some experience and are familiar with procurement strategies and tools but are eager to learn more. You:
- Are analytical and appreciate that details matter
- Build collaborative, long-lasting relationships based on mutual trust and uncompromising integrity
- Can navigate complex negotiations. You’re able to reconcile conflicting interests and positions imaginatively and sensitively
- Are a shrewd operator who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll love it because…
…you’ll get to make an impact like never before. You’ll be responsible for your own projects – we can’t wait to hear your ideas. The products you help us get out there will make people’s lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.Summary
- This role involves the sourcing (import as well as local sourcing) of Raw and Pack materials following established policies and directions.
- It involves collaboratively leading the implementation of project savings & business continuity plan projects and providing support projects / co-packers for cost optimisation and to reduce business risk.
- Assist Senior Buyers with portfolio and supplier relationship management through contracting, benchmarking, negotiations, SOPs and other business requirements.
- Manage and lead new product development and implementation of projects (New and existing).
- Manage raw materials and packaging materials negotiation for local supply.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Managing internal stakeholders to ensure the right expectation setting and visibility for procurement work.
- Managing co-packers and supplier’s relationship.
- Assists Senior Buyers in managing a complex portfolio (Finished good, Raw and Pack Materials) of supplies and services.
- Administrative lead: NDA process with new/potential suppliers, contract data base management, prices update.
- MATERIAL SOURCING: Timely and meaningful fulfilment of purchase requisitions for continuous material connectivity.
- PPV & BCP: In collaboration with Senior Buyers, lead the implementation of savings and business continuity projects through identification, selection and development of vendors in collaboration with R&D, Quality, Planning, Regulatory and Marketing teams.
- NPD/EPD & FUEL: Project management, co-ordination & support by attending project meetings, providing negotiated costing & procurement support to NPD/R&D/Marketing
- PLANNING & REPORTING: Support Senior Buyers in PLAN and forecast exercise through global tools pricing input. Develop pipeline for own spend. Consolidate numbers for Business reporting.
- SUPPLIER CONTRACTS: Verify and amend contracts in conjunction with the Legal department and Suppliers to secure against risk.
- ADMINISTRATIVE LEAD: prices update and contract data base management.
- LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT: Complete assigned trainings of ANAPLAN and Procurement academy
Skills & Experience required:
- Previous experience in procurement requested, ideally in FMCG
- Experience in negotiating and influencing
- Pro-active, problem solver: Action-orientated and energetic, with a focused and pragmatic approach to problem solving – driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Analytic skills are mandatory.
- High maitrise of excel
- Financial acumen for identifying business issues/opportunities.
- Fluent in English with at least one other language preferred; ability to travel and/or relocate internationally
Technical / professional qualifications required:
- Master degree preferably relating to procurement and/or supply chain
- Minimum 1 year of experience in procurement
- Very Strong excel and analytical skills
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.