At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Solution Customer Representative – (Banking and Financial Services)
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience – it’s what IBMers do. As we tackle the world’s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers – people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
- The Solution Customer Representative (Banking and Financial Services) will manage infrastructure solution sales and work with the team of sales representatives who are responsible for the sale of IBM solutions and/or services to meet/exceed key business measurements and reporting requirements.
- As an IBM Solution Customer Representative – you need to be a role model, drive a culture of sales eminence and deliver client value.
- Enhances sales performance by optimizing territories and routes to market, utilizing account planning, TOP, etc.
- Effectively communicates sales strategy to motivate employees, create a high-performing and collaborative environment, and unify team IBM.
- Understands the client’s strategic business objectives and business processes/metrics, including their organization, financial decision-making process and business challenges.
- Applies an understanding of the client’s industry, including industry trends/dynamics, key performance indicators, industry financial measurements, and key industry players and competitors
- Business unit, country, or international professional mastery related to operations, strategies, and objectives in leading edge or critical situations.
- Teamwork at highest levels. Plan and conduct complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
- Anticipate, create and define innovative and visionary concepts in strategic environment.
- Develops and implements product, market, business, or technology strategies with executive review. Has vision of overall strategies. Contributes to policy making. Recognized as an expert and leader by members of a field, related functions, and multi -country organizations. Leads business unit, country, or international teams, conducts special projects, or manages functions or strategic departments.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Accountable for business unit, major country, or international projects or programs. Responsible for committing multiple resources and achieving customer satisfaction, cost, expense, revenue and other business measurements of critical importance. Responsible for quality output/value add for highly visible products, services and future business development.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experiences in selling Infrastructure Services in the region
- Banking IT Services Sales experience
- Infrastructure background and Hybrid IT
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding targets
- Superior client communications (written/oral/presentations) and customer relationship management
- Ability to present and articulate the differentiated value of IBM Services solutions compared to competitors in the market
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress opportunities from
- Sales leadership skills including pipeline management, opportunity management, execution of the IBM cadence process
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.