UOWD is currently seeking applications from enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Student Services Officer.
The Student Engagement and Development Office (SEDO) is responsible for the University’s administration and policy implementation related to undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework and research) students. The team ensures that students are administered according to the academic and administrative guidelines and that the administration of students complies with all policies and procedures of the University and works towards improving customer service for students and all key stakeholders.
The position of Student Services Officer is a key customer service position for the University. Its role is to support the University by completing a range of student administrative tasks which can include student enrolment, scholarship administration, visa compliance matters and graduation checking. In all tasks this position requires the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate University policies, procedures and concepts to the variety of clients. In addition, each Student Services Officer must assist with student orientation and enrolment, records management and provide ’back-up’ for other Student Services officers as required.
To view full position description click HEREPerson
Key responsibilities / accountabilities
- Process student visa applications from new and re-enrolling students via AXS system (process cancellations of visas for students graduating or leaving UOWD)
- Organize “meet & greet” services for new international (visa) students to facilitate an effective transition to Dubai and UOWD.
- Liaise with TECOM to ensure processing of visas are undertaken in accordance with the UAE Dept of Immigration requirements
- Monitor all visa compliance requirements to ensure UOWD visa students are meeting their requirements and maintain clear, effective communication with students to ensure corrective actions are taken, to avoid breaches.
- Arrange medical checks and tests as required for visa students
- Liaise with Insurance Provider to coordinate medical insurance arrangements for sponsored and non-sponsored students.
- Oversee secure and effective record keeping and document control processes including for student passports as required.
- Perform Visa Audit twice a year to ensure compliance.
- Effective transition strategies are implemented for new visa students
Other Student Services
- Process student transport requests each semester and liaise with Driver Team leader
- Liaise with accommodation suppliers to link new students to offering
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients by way of providing accurate and timely information.
- Processing of all transportation invoices, permits and licenses
- Provide information to internal and external clients regarding student services matters, consistent with the University’s policies and procedures, as well as those of UAE Dept. of Immigration and RTA
- Assist with the development and implementation of process improvement strategies and solutions to improve service provision to students, and key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to student services.
- Support and participate in student life-cycle events
- Undertake duties as instructed which are considered within the skill-set of the position.
- Ensure accurate data entry and ongoing update of electronic student records and management of student files.
- Reports generation for internal and external purposes
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and/or education/training
- 2 years minimum relevant experience
- Experience in an administration environment processing a large volume of requests
Knowledge and Skills
- Provision of superior customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of and experience in a tertiary education setting.
- Demonstrated attention to detail that relates to the timely, accurate processing of student administration requests.
- Capable of working in a complex environment, with multiple stakeholders and the requirement to adhere to policies, procedures and rules.
- Knowledge and experience in using a variety of database systems and student information software packages.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and the ability to operate in an interdependent office environment
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidates will receive a remuneration package which includes an attractive tax free salary, five weeks of paid leave per year, annual air ticket, private medical insurance for self and eligible dependents, life & disability policy, professional development assistance, education allowance for up to 3 eligible children, professional development and fee waiver for self and dependents looking to pursue higher studies.
To Apply: Please note that only online applications will be accepted. Appointment of the best candidate will be made on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience. Review of applications will begin after the closing date and will continue until the position is filled.
Closing date: 7th January 2021
- UOWD is an equal opportunity employer that attracts, develops, motivates, empowers, and retains a diverse workforce.