There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
For the assigned entities, lead cash positioning, and timely accounts funding. Lead weekly, monthly payments and liquidity forecast and analysis. Assist in working capital optimization leveraging on structured Trade Finance Instruments. Support in export finance related activities and credit management. Oversee treasury process risk management and recommend improvements to ensure adequate controls over the company assets are
- For the assigned entities, lead liquidity forecast and variance analysis process.
- Lead daily cash positioning, ensure disbursement activities are followed as per the set guidelines.
- Prepare consolidated daily cash report and ensure target cash balances are maintained.
- Assist in managing wholesale finance and play supporting role in evaluation new opportunities.
- Ensure Standby and Letter of Credit are timely issued/ renewed and comply with the terms and conditions set in the GM Policy.
- Monitor Letter of Credit monetization process and ensure timely reconciliation of interest charges, bank fees and re-bills.
- Lead improvements in onboarding / offboarding of customers from treasury perspective, assist in review of terms of sales, incoterms and payment methods.
- Monitor credit limits and prepare policy exceptions requests as needed.
- Prepare monthly analysis and management reporting for submission to Corporate Treasury.
- For the assigned entities monitor back office treasury activities and ensure urgent manual cheques accurately processed and within the agreed metrics.
- Support in bank mandates management, ensure signatories and bank accesses are maintained as per the approved matrix and delegation of authority.
- Prepare internal and external reporting and timely submission to Treasury Centers, banks, auditors.
- Perform periodic desk procedures testing and recommend improvements.
- For the assigned entities, maintain Business Continuity Plan up to date and assess risks metrics.
- Regional Treasury Center back up: when required perform cash positioning and forex trades.
- Support in Order to Cash risk management process and recommend improvements.
- Lead weekly calls with back office operations to resolve issues, vendor/customer escalations.
- Assist in the documentation for onboarding with banks and account opening/closing.
- Participate in / lead special projects/assignments as required; and perform ad-hoc analysis as requested. This work may vary from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competencies
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 + years’ work experience in a multinational company in treasury or controllers’ group.
- Dealing with banks and banking compliance through email and telephone.
- Experience in dealing with all kind of banking documentation.
- Prior experience in audit and /or credit management would be an advantage.
- Proficient understanding of SAP and Treasury Management System functionalities.
- Track record in writing requests for approval /management reports.
- Prior experience in accounts payable, receivables and treasury accounting.
- Experience in handling Standby and Commercial Letters of Credit.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting; preferably postgraduate degree.
- CFA, FRM would be an advantage.
- Project management skills.
- Understanding of risk management and implementation of controls and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to change and on demand requests.
- Advanced Excel skills, track records of handling large data and financial modeling.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to quickly understand complex processes, transactions, and systems and provide direction to treasury and accounting leadership regarding impacts on accounting, processes, and controls.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Customer focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with ambiguity
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.